Kick off the new year with a beautiful, bountiful bowl of nourishing goodness. A trio of mushrooms, the “it” veggie of the year, along with an assortment of other healthy ingredients are all drizzled with Sesame Ginger Dressing for amazing Far East flavor.
- 1 cup assorted mushrooms (sliced portabella, button, shitake, etc)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup Sesame Ginger dressing from Litehouse (divided)
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- ½ cups assorted vegetables such as broccolini, cauliflower florets, shredded carrots, etc.
- ¼ cup shelled edamame beans
- ½ small avocado
- ½ teaspoon black sesame seeds
- ¾ cup cooked freekeh (or brown rice, quinoa or whole wheat couscous)
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
- Rinse and dry mushrooms, slice larger ones into bite-sized pieces. Place in bowl and drizzle with olive oil and 1 tablespoon of Sesame Ginger dressing, gently stir to coat. Pour out onto rimmed baking sheet and roast in oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- While mushrooms are roasting, add harder, crunchier veggies (like broccolini, cauliflower, edamame and carrots) to microwave-safe bowl with two tablespoons water. Microwave on vegetable setting for approximately 3 minutes until slightly softened, but still crisp-ish. Drain off any excess water, set aside.
- Remove mushrooms from oven and let cool on baking sheet while assembling bowl.
- To assemble bowl, add cooked freekeh (or other grain), spinach (or other leafy green) to create the foundation.
- Next, top with steamed veggies, edamame beans, and roasted mushrooms.
- Sprinkle avocado half with black sesame seeds and add to bowl.
- Drizzle remaining Sesame Ginger Dressing over top of bowl. Enjoy.