Transforming the classic Cobb salad into a vegetarian version is simple! Roasted chickpeas flavored with maple syrup and liquid smoke will mean that you won’t even miss the bacon.
- 1 6.5 oz. package Fresh Express® Butter Lettuce
- 1 Ripe Avocado, sliced
- 1 c. NatureSweet® Cherub Tomatoes
- 4-5 Hard Boiled Eggs, peeled and halved
- 1 15 oz. Can Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp. Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 ½ tbsp. Liquid Smoke
- 1 ½ tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 2-3 oz. Litehouse® Simply Artisan Reserve Blue Cheese Center Cut, crumbled
- Litehouse® Homestyle Ranch Dressing
- To make bacon-flavored chickpeas, preheat oven to 375° F. Place chickpeas into a bowl along with soy sauce, liquid smoke and maple syrup. Toss to coat chickpeas and spread out onto a baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes and then cool.
- Prepare the salad by plating the salad on a large platter. Top salad with tomatoes, eggs, avocado. Add cooled chickpeas to the salad and then top with crumbled blue cheese.
- Serve salad immediately with Homestyle Ranch dressing on the side.