Chicken and noodles is a family favorite recipe for those chilly nights. Add pumpkin and sage for a delicious seasonal twist.
- 3 c. Cooked Diced Chicken
- 1 c. Diced Onion
- 1 c. Diced Carrots
- 1/2 c. Diced Celery
- 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 64 oz. Chicken Stock
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Garlic
For the noodles:
- 2 1/4 c. Flour
- 1/2 c. Pumpkin Puree
- 2 tsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Sage
- 2 Eggs
- Preheat a stock pot with olive oil to medium heat.
- Add diced onion, carrots, celery and garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add broth and chicken.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl add the flour, pumpkin puree, sage and eggs and mix until combined.
- Prepare a cutting board or flat surface with 1/4 cup flour.
- Roll out the dough very thin, less than 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut into thin strips with a pizza cutter.
- Bring the soup to a boil and add in the separated noodles. Boil about 3-4 minutes.