Apple Pie Caramel Bars! These bars taste just like apple pie, but with a fraction of the work. Homemade flour, oat and walnut crust stuffed with a caramel apple filling. Delicious and decadent, with an additional drizzle of Litehouse® Old Fashioned Caramel Dip.
- 1 c. All-Purpose Flour
- ½ c. Rolled Oats
- 1/2 c. Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon, divided
- 7 tbsp. Butter, cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp. Cold Water
- 4 Medium Apples, chopped
- 1 tsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp. Cornstarch
- ¼ tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- ½ c. Walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/2 c. Litehouse® Old Fashioned Caramel Dip, warmed
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Prepare a 8×8″ baking dish with cooking spray or overlapping parchment paper for easy removal.
- Whisk together flour, rolled oats, brown sugar and ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon in the base of a food processor fitted with a dough blade or a large bowl.
- Add in the butter, one tablespoon at a time, either pulsing the butter into the food processor or cutting the butter into the dough using a dough cutter until crumbly.
- Add in the water and pulse or stir until the dough comes together.
- Remove ¾ cup of the dough and set aside.
- Press the rest of the dough into the prepared pan.
- Stir together the chopped apples, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, lemon juice, vanilla extract, cornstarch, nutmeg and 1 tablespoon of caramel dip until well combined and place in a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Cook until apples are soft and mixture has come together, about 10 minutes. Let cool slightly then pour on the prepared crust.
- Mix together the remaining dough with chopped walnuts and sprinkle on top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely. The bars need to cool completely for the filling to set.
- Warm the remaining caramel dip and drizzle over cooled bars; let harden for 15 minutes, then slice into 12 bars and serve.
- These bars can be enjoyed now or frozen for later! To freeze, place on a parchment lined baking sheet and freeze until hardened, then place into a freezer-safe bag or container.