These cupcakes are the essence of fall in bit-sized form! The recipe is quick and easy to make and takes a boxed cake mix and turns it into something delectable!
- 1 boxed Spice Cake Mix, prepared according to package instructions
- 1 Granny Smith Apple, peeled and finely diced
- 1 c. Butter, softened
- ½ c. Shortening
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
- 8 c. Powdered Sugar
- 1 c. + 3 tbsp. Litehouse® Old Fashioned Caramel Dip
- Mix together the spice cake mix and apples for 30 seconds on low speed and two minutes on medium speed.
- Divide the batter between 24 muffin cups that have been lined with cupcake wrappers. Fill each about ⅔ of the way.
- Bake at 350°F for 12-15 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled, frost them with the cream cheese buttercream.