Fluffy Cake Doughnuts deep-fried until golden brown, served with assortment of sweet Litehouse® dipping sauces.
- 2 ½ c. All-Purpose Flour
- 1 c. Granulated Sugar
- 1 tbsp. Baking Powder
- ½ tsp. Kosher Salt
- ¼ tsp. Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 c. Whole Milk
- 1 Egg
- ¼ lb. Softened Butter
- ½ tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Litehouse® Caramel dipping sauce
- Litehouse® Chocolate dipping sauce
- Gather and measure out all ingredients. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, Kosher salt, nutmeg, cinnamon. Combine well.
- In a separate medium mixing bowl add milk, egg, butter, and vanilla. Whisk well until combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients until dough starts to form. Mix thoroughly until dough does not stick to the side of the bowl. Shape dough into a ball, wrap in plastic and place in the refrigerator. Allow to rest for 90 minutes.
- Roll dough into ½ inch thick rectangle. Using a doughnut cutter or 3” and 1” biscuit cutters, punch out your doughnuts. Re-knead scraps together and punch out as well. Place doughnuts and holes onto baking sheets and set aside.
- Heat oil to 350° F and cook for about two minutes on each side or until golden brown. Allow to drain on paper towels.
- Glaze donuts with your favorite Litehouse® dipping sauce or dip donuts and try them all. You can take it step further and garnish your doughnuts sprinkles, nuts, coconut flakes or your preferred topping.