Butternut Squash Panzanella Salad! A must-make this fall; cinnamon roasted butternut squash, crispy sourdough croutons, cranberries, walnuts, and crunchy kale tossed with Litehouse’s bright and tangy Balsamic Vinaigrette. If you love traditional panzanella salad, then you’ll want to save this squash version, perfect for the holiday season.
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed (about 3 cups)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups sourdough bread (or other crusty bread), cubed
- 1 large bunch Tuscan kale, ribs removed and chopped into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup walnut halves, toasted
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup Litehouse® Balsamic Dressing and Marinade
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Toss cubed squash with olive oil, salt and pepper until well coated. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast for 30-40 minutes, stirring halfway, until squash is tender. Remove and let cool slightly.
- While the squash is cooking, prepare the rest of the ingredients: tear or cube the bread, chop the kale, and place the walnuts and cranberries in a large bowl.
- Place the bread cubes on a separate baking sheet and place in the oven for ~5 minutes, or until bread is hard and crunchy. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Place the chopped kale into the large bowl with the walnuts and the cranberries. Add the dressing and toss for ~1 minute, making sure to coat all of the ingredients. Tossing the salad for an extended time will help to break down and tenderize the kale leaves. Add the reserved squash and croutons and toss a few more times to combine. Season as needed with more salt and pepper, and serve.