Even with three teen boys and a jam-packed schedule of activities, I am thankful to have a lot on my plate -- especially with Busy-Day Taco Pasta Bake on the menu! Teach your older children how to make this flavorful, family-friendly dinner and turn the entire experience into a purposeful life lesson.
1 ½ lb 93% lean ground beef,
1 ¼ oz packet reduced-sodium taco seasoning,
¼ cup water,
1 8 oz can tomato sauce,
1 8 oz container Litehouse Salsa,
10 oz uncooked whole grain elbow macaroni,
1 cup Litehouse Southwest Ranch Dip,
1 ½ cups shredded 2% cheddar cheese (divided),
1 cup frozen or fresh corn kernels,
½ cup crushed tortilla chips,
1 Tbsp Litehouse Instantly Fresh Cilantro,
8 grape tomatoes
1. Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
2. Brown beef in skillet over medium heat and drain. Stir in taco seasoning along with water. Mix in tomato sauce and salsa. Bring mixture to light boil and then remove from heat.
3. Cook pasta according to manufacturer’s directions. Drain. Place cooked pasta in large bowl (or pot it was cooked in) and stir in salsa and 1 cup of cheese. Stir in frozen corn.
4. Spoon macaroni mixture into a 9”x13” baking dish. Top with beef mixture and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
5. Cut grape tomatoes in half lengthwise and arrange in decorative pattern. Sprinkle on tortilla chips and cilantro.
6. Bake at 350 F degrees uncovered for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbling.