Any way you slice it, our flavorful Blue Cheese Cauliflower Crust will satisfy your cravings for pizza.
- 14 oz. Cauliflower, fresh, frozen or pre-riced
- ¼ c. Almond Meal
- ¼ c. Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 3 tbsp. Litehouse® Simply Artisan Blue Cheese Crumbles
- 1 tbsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Parsley
- ½ tsp. Ground White Pepper
- ½ tsp. Garlic Salt
- 1 Egg, whisked
- Cooking Spray
- If using a fresh head of cauliflower, trim core and cut into florets. Place in food processor and pulse for several minutes until broken down into a rice-like texture. If using frozen florets, thaw and mince into small pieces. If using pre-riced cauliflower, no additional steps required.
- On stove top in steam basket or in microwave, steam riced cauliflower for 3 to 5 minutes until tender. Drain off excess water and let cool to the touch.
- Add steamed cauliflower to center of clean thin dish towel, wrap it up, and twist ends. Squeeze and twist repeatedly over sink or bowl until excess water has dripped away.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Add squeezed cauliflower to bowl and stir together with almond meal, parmesan cheese, Litehouse Blue Cheese Crumbles, Instantly Fresh Parsley, garlic salt and pepper. Stir in whisked egg until “dough” forms.
- Cut parchment paper to fit 10- to 12-inch pizza pan, lightly coat with cooking spray or olive oil.
- Dump out “dough” into center of parchment paper and lightly press down with fingers to spread out and flatten into 9- to 10-inch diameter crust.
- Bake in center rack for 10 to 12 minutes, or until edges and top golden brown. Do not turn oven off.
- Carefully slide parchment paper holding crust off pizza pan. Using oven mitt, place pan over top of crust and quickly invert. Slowly peel away parchment paper and discard.
- Return crust, now upside-down, to oven and bake for an addition 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add toppings of choice, returning under broiler for a few minutes to heat up. Or, alternatively, sauté toppings in pan and add to warm crust sprinkled with cheese before serving.