Make use of your summer squash bounty with this delicious and easy flatbread! It’s perfect as a summer appetizer or main entrée.
- 1 large prepared flatbread OR 2 medium naan breads
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium yellow squash, sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup ricotta cheese
- ½ cup Litehouse® Simply Artisan Reserve Blue Cheese Crumbles
- Balsamic glaze and fresh basil to finish
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 475° F with a pizza stone inside OR preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan, add in walnuts and toss around to toast, 3-4 minutes. Add in the zucchini, squash and green onions and continue to sauté for 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Spread the ricotta cheese onto the base of the flatbread or naan breads and top with vegetables. Sprinkle the blue cheese crumbles on top and bake for 7-8 minutes, until the cheese is slightly melted.
- Remove the flatbread from the oven and top with balsamic glaze, fresh basil and cut into pieces to serve. Serve immediately.