Pair nutty blue cheese and salty bacon together to create the ultimate summer burger. This combination is perfect for a hot summer day serve with an ice cold beer.
For the burgers:
- 1/3 lb. Ground Beef (at least 85/15)
- 4 Brioche Buns
- 1 c. Arugula
- ½ c. Litehouse Simply Artisan Reserve Blue Cheese Crumbles
- 8 Strips Bacon, cooked
- 3 tbsp. Fig Jam
- Salt and Pepper
For the Aioli
- 2 Large Egg Yolks
- 1 Small Garlic Clove, finely grated
- 1/4 tsp. Kosher Salt
- ½ c. Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp. Dijon Mustard
- Divide the ground beef into 4 equal parts and flatten into patties the size of your buns. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Prepare the aioli by combining the ingredients in a food processor and blending until whipped and smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use and can be stored in the refrigerator tightly sealed for up to 2 weeks.
- Prepare charcoal or gas grill for to medium-high heat. Add hamburger patties over direct heat and grill covered for 4-5 minutes on each side for medium. Adjust time based on how you prefer the doneness of the burgers. Remove from grill and rest 3 – 4 minutes before serving.
- While the burgers are resting, toast the buns on the grill. Top each bun base with a burger patty. Spread aioli onto the burgers and divide blue cheese evenly between burgers. Top cheese with 2 slices of bacon per burger and arugula. Spread fig jam onto the tops of the buns and cover burgers before serving.