If you love the smell of bacon on the stove, imagine that delicious, smoky maple bacon wrapped around sweet dates stuffed with melty gorgonzola cheese. Bring all of these mouth-watering flavors and smells to your holiday season with this easy four ingredient, one-bite appetizer.
- 25 Medjool dates, pitted
- 5 oz Litehouse® Simply Artisan Gorgonzola Cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, minced
- 16 oz maple smoked bacon, sliced into thirds
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the gorgonzola, chives, and a pinch of salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Stuff each date with plenty of the gorgonzola mixture and wrap tightly with a piece of bacon. Secure the bacon with a toothpick all the way through to fasten the bacon closed.
- Arrange the stuffed dates on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy. Serve warm.