This Authentic Greek Souvlaki recipe combines an easy marinade for chicken or pork and a variety of toppings to make a fun meal.
- 1-lb.Chicken Breasts or Pork Tenderloin, cut into 1” cubes (or a combination of both)
- ½ c. Litehouse Greek Dressing (for chicken) or Red Wine Vinegar with Olive Oil Dressing (for pork)
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, sliced thin
- ½ White Onion, sliced thin
- 1 ½ c. Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 c. Grated English Cucumber, squeezed dry
- 1 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp. Litehouse Freeze Dried Dill
- ½ tsp. Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 4 Pita Bread Rounds
- Pita bread, feta cheese and kalamata olives for serving
- Combine the cubed chicken breasts with the Greek dressing and/or the cubed pork tenderloin with the Red Wine Vinegar with Olive Oil dressing in a bowl, tossing to coat. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- While the meat marinates, mix together the yogurt, cucumber, lemon juice, dill, garlic powder and salt in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium heat. Skewer the meat onto metal or wooden skewers and place on heated grill. Grill for 4-5 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from heat and allow to rest.
- Warm pitas in a skillet coated in olive oil. Serve with skewered meat, tzatziki sauce, tomatoes, onion, feta cheese, kalamata olives.