Make the most of asparagus season with this mouth-watering tart featuring herbed ricotta and puff pastry. It’s the perfect side dish or appetizer to serve this spring.
- 1 Frozen Puff Pastry Sheet, thawed
- ¾ c. Full-Fat Ricotta Cheese
- 1 tbsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Parsley
- 1 tsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Thyme
- 1 tsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Garlic
- Salt and Pepper,to taste
- 1 egg
- ½ lb. Asparagus Spears, trimmed to apprx. 8”
- Olive oil
- 1-oz. Parmesan Cheese Shreds or Curls
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Cut a sheet of parchment paper to fit a baking sheet.
- Gently scramble egg in a small bowl. In a separate bowl, combine ricotta cheese, parsley, thyme, garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper. Add in all but 1 tablespoon of the egg and mix to combine
- Gently unfold the puff pastry sheet and roll out to a 9x9” square. Using a pastry brush, brush the outside edge of the puff pastry with remaining egg.
- Spread the ricotta mixture over the puff pastry sheet, leaving ½” of pastry free of ricotta around the edge. Lay asparagus spears on top of the ricotta mixture and drizzle lightly with olive oil. Bake 18-20 minutes, until edges are golden brown, and asparagus appears roasted.
- Allow the tart to cool before slicing into 4-6 pieces and topping with Parmesan cheese shreds. Serve warm or at room temperature.