This easy-to-make apple rose petal pie adds beautiful aesthetic to any dinner! The perfect dessert to bring to a dinner party.
- 2 pounds of Apples
- 1 premade Pie Crust
- 1 package of Vanilla Pudding mix
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup Pure Cane Sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp. Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- Litehouse Old Fashioned Caramel Dip
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a 9" cast iron skillet, add butter and place on oven rack to melt.
- Once butter is melted, roll out pie crust on pan. Poke holes with a fork.
- Place back in oven for 5-7 minutes, or until pie crust is starting to become cooked, but not crispy.
- Quarter apples and cut into thin slices (approximately 1/8"). Add to bowl and sprinkle with lemon juice to keep from browning.
- Add brown sugar, white sugar and cinnamon. Stir until apples are well coated.
- Place bowl in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together full package of vanilla pudding and 1 cup of milk. Place in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Add chilled pudding to pie crust.
- Start adding in apple slices, working your way to the middle in a spiral shape. Tip: Let the apple slices overlap with previous slice for added effect.
- When you get to the middle, take one apple slice and roll it. Place in the middle.
- Add pie to oven and bake for 40 minutes. Cover the pie with aluminum foil for the first 30 minutes. Remove foil for last 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with Litehouse Caramel.