Trust us, this Mac and Cheese is the BOMB! You might even want to make a double batch....because it will get eaten!
1 pound radiator pasta mini ziti or elbow noodles
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons flour
2 ½ cups milk
2/3 cup Litehouse Bacon Blue Cheese Dressing or Big Blue dressing
8 ounces white cheddar freshly grated
5 ounces container Litehouse Blue Cheese Center Cut, crumbled
¼ cup Instantly Fresh Chives
1 teaspoons ground black pepper
1 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon butter
½ cup unseasoned panko bread crumbs
1 tablespoon Instantly Fresh Parsley
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 strips center cut bacon cooked and crumbled
1. Preheat oven to 400 F degrees. Spray a baking dish with nonstick spray.
2. Bring water to a boil and prepare pasta according to directions, but shaving 1-2 minutes off of the cooking time to keep al dente.
3. Meanwhile, heat butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. When butter begins to sizzle, quickly add flour and whisk constantly until roux is golden, about 2 minutes.
4. Pour in milk and whisk constantly, stirring until the mixture slightly thickens.
5. Reduce heat to low and add in white cheddar and blue cheese a couple handfuls at a time until cheese melts and sauce is thickened.
6. Stir in Blue Cheese Dressing. Stir in Instantly Fresh chives and season with salt and pepper.
7. Add cooked pasta to baking dish. Pour cheese sauce over top, tossing to coat all the noodles.
8. Cover top in panko bread crumb mixture.
9. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until top is golden and crunchy and sauce is bubbling. Top with crumbled bacon